- Full Time/Contract
- Los Angeles, CA
Our client is a leading Physician Practice Management company responsible for the business services for a leading University Children's Medical Group – the largest pediatric multi-specialty group in the United States and are acclaimed for their leadership in Pediatric and Adolescent health.
Staff Accountant – Healthcare
The Staff Accountant assists the Accounting Manager with maintaining financial records and general ledger related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. This position also assists in the preparation of bank reconciliations, journal entries, and preparing financial/statistical reports. The Staff Accountant also assists with special projects, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for revenue (contract) billing and collections accounting cycle.
- Review contract and work with Hospital personnel to collect supporting documents for invoicing.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and enter into general ledger system.
- Processes month-end close using Sage 100 ERP software.
- Maintains changes in recurring journals in G/L with different amounts and new accounts.
- Traces procedures from origin of transaction through initial recording to final disposition in the accounts.
- Analyze various general ledger accounts, research and initiate adjusting entries so that financial data is accurately reported.
- Keeps complete set of records of financial transactions for the Group.
- Verifies and enters details of transactions in account and cash journals from data sources such as invoices, contract, checks, inventory records, and requisitions.
- Summarizes details on separate ledgers and transfers to general ledger.
- Balances books and compiles reports on cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other factors pertinent to operations of the Group.
- Maintains chart of accounts.
- Assists with the quarterly payroll review.
- Assists in year-end financial statement balance and audit schedule preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and practices to identify and describe accounting systems and subsystems.
- Knowledge of research techniques to analyze data and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of computer information systems to present financial information.
- Ability to analyze financial reports. Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
Associate degree in Accounting required
12 hours of college accounting courses.
Three (3) years accounting/bookkeeping experience including one year of accounting experience in a health care organization.
Commensurate with experience.