- Full Time/Contract
- Fountain Valley, CA
Sr. Hospital Collector; Medi-Cal
Medi-Cal Patient Account Representative, Senior is responsible for all Medi-Cal collections of accounts to ensure that PFS is capturing all revenues as timely and efficiently as possible.
- Takes ownership of their accounts and eliminates barriers to ensure timely and correct payment including involvement with payors upper management, when necessary.
- Must have working knowledge of Medi-cal including other complex payment methodologies to ensure prompt and accurate reimbursement.
- Must be able to utilize and understand many complex and varying Medi-cal State and Federal statutes and regulations, guidelines and systems, and perform the billing and/or account follow-up function with all Medi-cal government agencies to obtain maximum and correct reimbursement of accounts receivables.
- Works with all payors and internal resources to identify and resolve issues that hinder account payment.
- Applies independent judgment and knowledge to audit Medi-cal payments, denials, appeals and billing issues
- Minimum 3 years' experience and understanding of Medi-Cal hospital collections required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive work ethics
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Written and verbal communication skills to meet productivity standards
- Use of 10-key calculator by touch preferred
- Microsoft Office and Outlook experience
$21.00/hr – $23.00/hr