- Direct Placement
- Pasadena, CA
Sr. Statutory Accountant
Seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant with an enthusiasm to grow and learn. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Director of Finance and be responsible for account reconciliations, financial analyses, management decision support, financial reporting, annual operating and capital budgeting, audit work papers, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and provide input on areas for improvement for Accounting/Finance operations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of internal controls over accounting systems and records maintenance.
- Create journal entries, month-end accruals, and the analysis and reconciliation of investment/banking activity.
- Ensure all journal entries are supported with proper documentation for audit purposes.
- Prepare monthly intercompany account reconciliation to ensure intercompany transactions for all entities are balanced and accurately recorded in financial statements.
- Monitor cash-flow and determine cash needs
- Ensure accurate and timely recording & processing of invoices, payments and receipts.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset ledger, calculate depreciation and accumulated depreciation amount and record purchases and disposals accordingly
- Prepare and submit the monthly, quarterly and annual reports to DMHC and CMS.
- Reconcile CMS premium payment, Coverage Gap Discount Program and Part D Plan-to-Plan reports as required.
- Handle issuance of 1099s and other year-end processes.
- Work with external CPA to facilitate preparation and filing of the annual corporate financial statements and tax returns.
- Assist with audits, budgets, forecasts, and other fiscal planning
- Support business decisions and actions with timely and accurate financial analysis.
- Protect organization values by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three-years managed care/healthcare experience required
- Statutory Accounting background is required
- Understanding of the Texas statutory requirement is required
- Experience filing for requirements stipulated by the Texas Department of Insurance Required
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Strong organizational skills with critical attention to details
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of health plan requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required
POSITION CLASSIFICATION & COMPENSATION
- Full-Time/Direct Placement
- Compensation Commensurate with Experience