- Full Time/Contract
- Sacramento, CA, CA
Practice Administrator / Executive Director
This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic professional to join a renowned organization that is a leader in Ophthalmology surgery. This position is primarily responsible for working with the staff and Regional Director in regard to all aspects of the clinic including but not limited to, day to day operations and all financial/accounting responsibilities.
- Must be a working manager that is willing and able to jump into to perform any position in the practice as needed.
- Develops schedule, staff’s hours, and patient flow for the center while executing corporate policies and procedures.
- Motivates/leads staff and sets goals/priorities for staff.
- Focuses on morale and culture in the center.
- Takes payments for office visits, procedures and past due balances.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment.
- Manages doctor relationships both internal and external. Utilizing emotional intelligence skills, an ED should be an expert at building a trusting relationship with the center’s operating surgeon(s) and clinical director.
- Attends Continuing Education events, dinners, and other business building type of events to promote awareness of NVISION in the community.
- Full Profit and Loss (P&L) oversight. Increases center profitability by managing staffing costs and additional expense management.
- Works together with Finance and Operation departments to develop an annual business plan for the center including annual surgical volume, revenue budget and profit projections
- Follow-up with patients regarding their experience (positive and negative). Provides feedback to associates.
- Looks for innovative ways to improve patient experience.
- Tracks key performance indicators and reviews monthly/quarterly profit and loss
- Oversees hiring/firing/coaching/training employees. Performs annual performance and development review for team members.
- Motivates/leads staff and sets goals/priorities for staff, including deploying incentive compensation programs.
- Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to navigate difficult discussions regarding performance improvement plans, as well as, staff and doctor coaching and development.
- Ensures OSHA compliance
- Able to lead/participate in benchmarking
- Interfaces with the support center and department leads to ensure center resources are being deployed effectively from finance, operations, marketing, and training.
- 3+ years ophthalmology experience required
- 2+ years’ experience in a management or financial setting
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Compensation & Classification
- Exempt; Compensation Commensurate with Experience
- Compensation & Benefit Package Includes Bonus
- Position will have oversight of (3) local surgery centers