- Full Time/Contract
- Fountain Valley, CA
Patient Account Representative II-Self-Pay/Customer Service
Customer Service/Self-Pay Patient Account Representative, II is responsible for all collections of accounts to ensure that PFS is capturing all revenues as timely and efficiently as possible. This position requires excellent customer service communication skills with both internal and external customers. This position takes ownership of their accounts and eliminates barriers to ensure timely and correct payment including involvement with payors and upper management, when necessary.
This position will have working knowledge of commercial, government and self-pay collections including other complex payment methodologies to ensure prompt and accurate reimbursement. Complies with State and Federal statutes and regulations.
- Answer/place 60-75 inbound/outbound calls each day, eligibility verification, provided excellent customer service; excellent problem solving, collect on self-pay, co-pays and deductibles.
- Advanced knowledge in billing, collection health insurance processing practices.
- Experience in HIPPA laws, well versed in all insurances including but not limited too; HMO, PPO, Worker's Compensation, Medi-cal and Medicare.
- Ability to provide prompt and courteous customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Ability to use critical thinking to research, review and follow-up on all accounts.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to analyze documentation and resolve patient, billing and/or collection issues appropriately and timely.
- Ability to identify problems in a timely manner and initiates appropriate actions to resolve problems or issues.
- Able to be at work and on time, follow organization rules and procedures and directions from a Coordinator or other member of the Management staff.
- Adheres to all confidentiality policies and procedures and carries out all tasks in a pleasant and respectful manner.
- Ability to make suggestions for enhancements throughout the department and continually seeks opportunities to improve current policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to recognize and perform essential duties and offers assistance to others or performs other required tasks when own assignments are completed. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to use critical thinking while reviewing billing and collection notes in the financial computer system to ensure that the appropriate action is taken within the billing and collection process and to ensure correct hospital reimbursement.
- Researches and responds to patient insurance and self-pay inquiries timely, effectively and according to policies and procedures resulting in resolution.
- At all times, provides professional and exceptional customer service when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Documents all communications in the financial system and updates demographics ensuring accuracy and appropriate information to move the account towards payment.
- Meets productivity goals as set by Management.
- Reviews and processes Self-Pay refunds in the financial system by insuring the refund amount is appropriate.
- Uses critical thinking skills to monitor and follow-up on accounts to ensure correct hospital reimbursement in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital account management and collections skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate, telephone and/or online follow-up as necessary to expedite payment of billed charges with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 2 years' experience and understanding of commercial, government and self-pay hospital collections processes required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive work ethics
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding, preferred
- Written and verbal communication skills to meet productivity standards
- Use of 10-key calculator by touch preferred
- Microsoft Office and Outlook experience
- High School diploma, GED equivalent, preferred
- Business related courses, preferred
- AA Degree or medical field certificate, preferred
$19.50- $23.92/ hour