- Full Time/Contract
- Torrance, CA
Refund Rep; Payment Posting – Commercial/Government Payors
The Refund Representative/Payment poster is responsible for minimizing credit balances by following certain guidelines; for auditing of explanation of benefits (EOB's); for analyzing and ensuring that all payments, adjustments and allocations involved in the account were done properly; for ensuring that the appropriate information can be packaged and provided to managers for refund processing. Posts payments made from various insurance payors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides detail review to all codes referenced on the explanation of benefits (EOB).
- Confirms that all adjustments have been done correctly.
- As necessary, verifies previous payments in the file room to support refunds and/or adjustments.
- Calls insurance companies to verify patient information
- Attaches batch proof to all credit balance bathes created.
- Fills-out refund request form and attaches all the supporting documentation for the supervisor's review.
- Post refund codes in IDX system.
- Post payments from Commercial and Government payors
- Research/reviews accounts in order to identify credits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three (3) years pysicain billing and collections experience.
- Minimum 1 year of credit balance/refunds experience in physician billing unit with Commercial and Government payors
- Minimum 1 years payment posting experience from all payors
- Experience using EPIC billing system is preferred
- Knowledgeable of health insurance payers and contracts.
$18.00/h – $21.00/hr
Full Time, Temporary Contract
Monday Friday; Days
7:00 AM – 3:30 PM (or)
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM