- Direct Placement
- Los Angeles, CA
Medical Collector; Lead
The Lead Collector is responsible for providing direction and mentoring to all Collectors I and II and serves as a liaison between staff, supervisors and Management. The Lead Collector understands detailed, complex reimbursement issues and is able to provide and train on these issues. Also performs detailed analyses utilizing knowledge of A/R systems and procedures, interdepartmental functions and regulatory agency guidelines; and utilizes proactive measures to analyze collection procedures & guidelines. The Lead Collector assists the Supervisors with special projects, as needed.
- Provides functional direction to all account representative staff defined by leadership team.
- Coordinates workflow and assigns and monitors staffs' work priorities.
- Serves as a resource to account representative staff by answering procedural questions and problem solving.
- Assists in training and providing detail response relating quality systems issues and collection processes.
- Prepares written communications to leadership team as necessary.
- Works closely with leadership team to outline what is needed at a collector I and II level to support consistent and continued training. Assists with on-going training and new employee orientation.
- Works closely with the Supervisors and Management to resolve issues and identify problems.
- For the purposes of decreasing A/R days and increasing reimbursement:
- Abstracts information from AthenaNet system, has a functional, hands-on understanding of MPV. Can understand and interpret complex, detailed AR reports.
- Reviews accounts daily and reports any accounts that need personal contact.
- Recommends future course of action based on data interpretation.
- Handle in a professional and confidential manner all correspondence, documentation, and files.
- Courteous and professional communications with payers and patients.
- Perform follow-up calls or written correspondence to patients and payers as needed.
- High school graduate.
- Associate's Degree in business, or equivalent desired.
- At least five (5) years account follow-up, billing and collection experience in a health care environment.
- Proficiency in both Government and Commercial collection environments.
- Proficiency in the use of medical billing systems such as; AthenaNet
- High level of proficiency in researching healthcare data for analysis and closure in the accounts receivable arena.
- Mid-level to Advanced-level proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently.
$19.00 /hr – $22.00/hr