- Direct Placement
- Human Resources
- Pasadena, CA
Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including onboarding and offboarding employees and contractors, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new employee in the department.
- Oversees all workflows and processes of the department.
- Develops, implements, and monitors HR functions and processes and ensure key controls are in place
- Develops company-wide performance management and rolls it out to all of the departments. Trains and monitors all managers to provide constructive and timely periodic performance evaluations.
- Bridges management and employee relations including disciplinary actions and termination of employees in accordance with company's policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements HR strategies and initiatives that should be aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization's HR and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manages and oversees employee's health, safety, and legal employment issues including worker's compensation case management and correspondence with government agencies.
- Provides support and guidance to HR Specialists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Oversees employee relations, disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; develops, implements, and monitors policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in the HR field with 2 years of experience as a Manager
- Prior experience or familiarity with the medical/healthcare industry is preferred
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION & COMPENSATION
- Full-Time/Direct Placement
- Compensation Commensurate with Experience