- Full Time/Contract
- San Bernardino, CA
Coordinator- Health Home Team (Hemet)
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Behavioral Health Integration Services and Supports and direct supervision of the Supervisor, Integrated Complex Care, the Health Home Team (HHT) Coordinator is responsible for working effectively with the integrated HHT to facilitate and support health home team activities. The HHT coordinator is responsible for skillfully engaging members, in order to enhance member's activation in their own health and wellness practices, as well as supporting the HHT with administrative duties.
Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Responsible for working in an integrated team and assisting Members with care coordination needs, including, but not limited to, referrals for resources.
2. Responsible for assisting Members with outreach to find housing and assistance with tenancy services.
3. Responsible for assisting the HHT with administrative duties needed for high functioning of an integrated team.
4. Model the highest ethical behavior in relationships with co-workers, supervisors, Members, Providers, and colleagues in the community.
5. Responsible for promoting a collaborative and effective working environment within the HHT by engaging in evidenced-based communication strategies (such as Motivational Interviewing) when discussing responsibility/sharing of tasks, effectively resolving conflicts as they arise, and collaborating on Member case discussions.
6. Responsible for assisting the Nurse Care Manager and/or the Behavioral Health Care Manager with appropriate treatment plan implementation and coordination of care needs, as developed in collaboration with the Member, and consulting with the clinical team members before taking any action that is clinical in nature.
7. Responsible for building and maintaining a positive working relationship with Providers, including, but not limited to, communication via in-person, over the phone, and through digital means such as email and fax.
8. Responsible for engaging with Members, both in-person and on the phone, in a manner that utilizes evidence-based approaches (such as Motivational Interviewing) that promotes collaboration between the Member and his or her medical/behavioral team, as well as to increase the Member's sense of control over their whole health.
9. Model commitment to continuous quality improvement by engaging in quality improvement initiatives and projects, such as identifying and addressing HEDIS gaps, and by identifying, developing, and testing new practices for improving the outcomes of the HHT.
10. Assists with the coordination of medical and behavioral health access issues with PCP offices, specialists, and ancillary services.
11. Facilitate Member care to ensure that a continuity of care Letter of Agreement (LOA) is executed when appropriate.
12. Ensures documentations is accurate and in compliance with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
13. Participates in Health Plan staff meetings or other activities as needed.
Two (2) years customer service experience in any setting. Experience of successfully working within a team.
Managed care setting experience preferred.
High school diploma or GED required.
Associate degree or bachelor's degree from an accredited institution preferred.
Medical Assistant Certification or Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
Driver's License Required
Yes, must have a valid California Driver's license and valid automobile insurance. Must qualify and maintain driving record to drive company vehicles based on company insurance standards of no more than three (3) points.
Knowledge of Utilization Management including referral process, ICD-10 and CPT codes preferred. Knowledgeable about evidenced based communication such as Motivational Interviewing, or similar empathy-based communication strategies. Understanding of and sensitivity to multi-cultural community. Understanding of and sensitivity to mental health conditions and addictive disorders. Awareness of the impact of unmitigated bias and judgement on health; commitment to addressing both. Understanding of, and a commitment to, high preforming team practices.
Able to sufficiently engage members and providers both on the phone and in person. Telephone courtesy.
Starting Salary: $16.41/hr.