- Direct Placement
- Orange, CA
Director of Nursing – Ambulatory Surgery Center
The Director of Nursing will be responsible for making sure the San Gabriel Ambulatory Surgery Center is operating efficiently, consistently, and is staffed appropriately, including scheduling, downtime and overtime. The Director of Nursing will ensure all clinical best practices and policies are followed, while proactively solving problems. The Director, Nursing will be responsible for selecting, training and on-boarding Nurses and all Surgery Center personnel. The Director of Nursing will develop team members through effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring of the Nurses and operatory personnel. The Director of Nursing will collaborate with the Doctors and Surgery Center leads to operate profitable Surgery Centers, while providing the best patient care. Other important responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage.
- Develops, maintains, and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Participates in all patient care decisions and performs AP-TCN duties on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in daily or weekly management team meetings to discuss patient status, census changes, personnel, or resident complaints or concerns.
- Exercises overall supervision of patient assessments and care plans.
- Develops, maintains, and reviews weekly reports from every region to monitor and ensure timely, effective communication to significant changes in condition, and care plans.
- Collaborates with physicians, facilities, community agencies, and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified problems.
- Oversees nursing schedules to assure they meet patient needs and regulatory and budgetary standards.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel and assures sufficient staff are hired and fully utilized.
- Oversees and supervises development and delivery of in-service education to equip nursing staff with sufficient knowledge and skills to provide compassionate, quality care and respect for patient rights.
- Performs rounds to observe care and to interview staff, patients, families/caregivers or other interested parties.
- Proactively develops procedures to promote workplace safety and safe work practices.
- Coordinates and/or develops on-going QA activities for nursing services to monitor nursing compliance with standards and regulatory requirements through rounds, interviews, and record reviews. Compiles summary of findings for the Compliance Department.
- Communicates directly with patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, interdisciplinary team members, and regional management to coordinate care and services, promote participation of care plans, and maintain a high quality of care and life for patients.
- Promotes customer service and hospitality and responds to and adequately resolves complaints or concerns from patients or families about nursing services.
- Monitors service incidents and complaints as needed to identify those defined as unusual occurrences by State policy and promptly reports such occurrences to the Doctors/Managing Partner.
- Collaborates with other facilities, medical professionals, consultants, and organizations, including government agencies to develop, support and coordinate patient care, related administrative functions, and to represent the interests of the organization.
- Leads and supports care programs and research, and assists in marketing, business development, outreach, education, quality improvement, and other initiatives as needed.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies.
- Actively share ideas in a constructive and positive manner by listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
- Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations (e.g., OSHA, WC, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- At least 3-5 years of related Ambulatory and/or Circulating Nursing experience.
- Current RN license that is in good standing in the state of California
- CPR Certification.
- Current ACLS/BLS Certification.
- Ophthalmology Industry experience preferred
- Ambulatory surgery center experience preferred
- A working knowledge of Regulatory and Accreditation Surveys (AAAHC Accreditation) preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans for yourself and/or your family
- 401K plan with an employer match opportunity
- Life insurance program
- Full time, direct placement