- Full Time/Contract
- Clinical Services
- Redondo Beach, CA
Supports the Dentist to provide affordable dental care to the underserved in our community.
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment before each patient.
- Assists dentist at chairside (evacuation, mixing medications and amalgam, four-handed chairside technique, etc.).
- Cleans operatory after each patient according to accepted infection control standards.
- Takes and develops dental X-rays as directed by dentist.
- Documents (probings, caries, etc.) in patients' charts as directed by dentist.
- Operates and cleans sonic instrument cleaning machine.
- Bags instruments daily and operates autoclave daily. Keeps daily records.
- Cleans autoclave monthly and keeps records.
- Monitors autoclave with monthly spore sample. Mails sample for testing.
- Monitors supplies inventory. Keeps supplies orderly. Keeps operatories stocked with supplies.
- Cleans self-contained water system with bleach weekly. Keeps records.
- Replaces disinfectant solution (Procide, etc.) every four weeks.
- Files patients' dental charts.
- Assists in coordinating patient appointments, confirmations and recalls.
- Maintain strictest patient confidentiality; adhering to all HIPAA, California and company guidelines/regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certificate from an accredited Dental Assisting Program
- High School diploma or GED high school equivalency
- State of California Radiation Safety Certificate required
- Current CPR/Basic Life Support Card
- Dental Office experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities within SBFHC's established guidelines in an organized, efficient manner.
- Ability to relate and communicate well with a diverse patient population.
- Ability to work within a team setting and with volunteers.
- Flexibility with work schedules and sites.
- Full Time, M-F
- M, W & F 8am-4:30pm
T&TH 9am – 5:30 pm