- Direct Placement
- La Mirada, CA
Asbestos PLM/PCM Analyst
The ideal candidate will have 2 to 5 years’ experience in the analyses and reporting of bulk samples of building materials for asbestos content using Polarized Light Microscopy and be NIOSH 582 certified for Phase Contrast Microscopy analysis of air samples. In addition, this candidate will assume the role of Laboratory Manager. Experience in asbestos inspection, asbestos abatement monitoring, and air sampling is a plus but not necessary
- Independently receive, log-in, prep, analyze, and report bulk building material samples
- Communicate effectively with staff
- Oversee delivery of quality products
- Maintain and oversee QA/QC program
- Maintain all logs and paperwork required to maintain NVLAP accreditation, including participation in NVLAP onsite audits.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 to 5 years related experience
- Formal training in Asbestos Identification Using Polarized Light Microscopy (McCrone course(s) or equivalent)
- Detailed knowledge of EPA 600/R-93/116 (PLM), EPA 600/R-93/116 (PLM Point Count), and EPA 600/M4-82-020 (PLM) analytical methods
- Certification for Sampling and Evaluating Airborne Asbestos Dust (Air Samples using Phase Contrast Microscopy (PCM) – NIOSH 7400 Method) is preferred (NIOSH 582 or equivalent course).
$52,000/yr – $56,160/yr
Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, group HMO/PPO medical & dental insurance, ADP Safe Harbor 401k plan with employer contribution, paid vacation, sick leave (PTO) , and progressive career training and opportunities.