- Full Time/Contract
- Long Beach, CA
The Administrative Secretary provides high level secretarial and administrative assistance to the Quality department and performs a full range of varied, complex, sensitive, highly responsible, and confidential office and support function. The Administrative Secretary exercises judgment and initiative relieves department leaders of technical, as well as general administrative details. This role serves as a liaison with other departments and staff, outside agencies and the general public. This position works directly with other staff members to ensure materials and communications are well organized, accurate and timely. Within established procedures, the incumbent exercises independent judgment, professionalism and discretion in such responsibilities as screening calls, prioritizing mail, maintaining and controlling confidential files and records, producing and distributing routine and special reports with accuracy. Supports intranet site as needed. Strong understanding of policy retrieval within the Memorial Care System. Able to develop agendas and record meeting minutes as necessary.
- Organizes electronic & paper files within the Quality Department
- Answer and screen telephone calls, take and deliver messages, make notations, screen vendors and greet and direct visitors. Schedule appointments and coordinate meetings. Maintain appointment calendars for various personnel within the Quality department, as necessary. Collect and timely distribute mail in accordance with department procedures.
- Coordinate and schedule Quality staff meetings. Maintain and update staff training records.
- Prepares special and recurring departmental reports by gathering data from various sources, compiling and typing data and completes the revision of special forms and department documents.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Monitors department office materials and supplies and orders as needed.
- Enter purchase requisitions for parts and materials in PeopleSoft for approvals. Timely record monthly purchases on the P.O. log for management review.
- Maintains a variety of files and logs in a functional, neat and orderly manner.
- 2+ years secretarial experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Bilingual language skills preferred.
- Typing speed of 55 or greater wpm with accuracy.
- Competent in Micro Soft Word 6.0, Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Internet Access.
$19 – $24
Full Time / Contract
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM