- Full Time/Contract
- Fountain Valley, CA
Accounts Payable Specialist I
The Accounts Payable Accountant I is responsible for the accurate and timely payment of assigned vendors in accordance with the companies policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. This includes but is not limited to: accumulating the proper payment documents, review of documents for completeness and accuracy, payment of the verified documents within MHS’s prescribed time period. Also, an Accounts Payable Accountant I is responsible for proper preparation of the month and year end accruals relating to their assigned vendors. In addition, this position is required to understand the departmental policies, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the processing of invoices for payment based upon appropriate, approved source documentation and according to MHS policies and procedures.
- Needs to accurately code expense distribution for proper reporting and classification.
- Responsible for compiling accurate and timely data for month and year end accruals.
- Performs necessary follow-up between departments and vendors
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
- Understanding and complies with Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- PeopleSoft or related software experience required.
- High energy levels and tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of PCs, Microsoft Office applications- spreadsheet proficiency is required, and an aptitude for learning new software.
- Requires a can-do attitude and positive customer response style.
- 10 Key by touch and keyboarding skills are also required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a healthcare environment is preferred
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8-5p