- Direct Placement
- General Office
- Torrance, CA
For over 30 years our client has been in the Pastry Manufacturing industry producing high quality baked goods for large retail grocers and chain restaurants.
This position is responsible for managing the warehouse activities at Client to include shipping and receiving, material transfers to and from production, inventory control and stock rotation.
- Oversees all warehouse practices and personnel
- Monitors and enforces that all Warehouse SOPs are being followed
- Responsible for conducting daily warehouse meeting
- Responsible for maintaining and turning in the daily sign in sheet for payroll
- Maintains warehouse staff by selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Responsible for the progressive disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of warehouse personnel to ensure proper staffing to select and receive products at the facility in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the warehouse. Such activities include shipping, receiving, sanitation, maintenance, and inventory control.
- Coordinates the receiving and storage of finished goods from production, receiving and storage of
- Responsible for warehouse safety programs to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within the regulations of all OSHA local and state regulations
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance of warehouse equipment. Ensures that the warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform the distribution functions.
- Responsible for daily forklift checks; maintaining forklift paperwork
- Supervises all warehouse equipment and storage area maintenance
- Manages and controls freezer map
- Cost analysis for new warehouse equipment
- Maintains and issues freezer PPE, to new and current employees
- Food Safety Responsibilities
- Warehouse storage procedures and inventory control including stock rotation, allergen separation, and label control procedures
- All employees are required to immediately report and assist in the elimination or control of any food safety issues they observe to their supervisor
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Pre-requisite programs
- Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of experience in a warehouse management position
- Forklift certified on Stand up and Sit down / Training
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to occasionally with stand a -20-freezer environment
- Able to frequently lift 50 lbs.
- Preferred skills:
- Ability to convert weight measurements
- Computer literate, Microsoft, Syspro,
- Experience working with RDF Scanners and trouble shooting
COMPENSATION | POSITION CLASSIFICATION
- $60k – $65k
- Direct Hire