- Full Time/Contract
- Pasadena, CA
Our client is committed to helping ophthalmologists and optometrists realize their full potential while providing best-in-class patient care to all those in need. They are experts in the business of providing Physician ophthalmology services with years of experience in the industry, a world-class surgeon as their founder, and an unwavering commitment to helping both established practice owners and young professionals further their ophthalmology careers.
Insurance Verifications/Auth Rep
Ophthalmic Physician Billing
The Verification /Authorization Associate is responsible for verifying the patient's insurance coverage and for all aspects of the insurance Authorizations process, making sure all information is accurate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify patient insurance coverage.
- Entering data in an accurate manner and update patient's benefit info in organization's system.
- Make sure existing insurance info is accurate.
- Contacting insurance companies via phone to obtain accurate insurance information.
- Inputs authorization requests per guidelines and according to defined time and accuracy standards.
- Process request that are approved, denied or deferred and bring them to resolution.
- Responsible for Authorization maintenance, tracking and follow up.
- Responsible for Deferred authorization maintenance, tracking and follow up.
- Responsible for entering approved authorizations in the system.
- Responsible for scanning paper notes into the system.
- Maintains effective communication with management, co-workers, and physicians.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Insurance Verification and Authorizations experience required
- Working knowledge of different types of insurance coverages and their policies
- Knowledge of HMO insurances a plus
- Dependable, accurate and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, phone demeanor
- Experience in Ophthalmic or Optometric industry highly preferred
- Ability to meet and exceed productivity and quality standards
- EMR/Billing Systems experience, and MS Office skills required
$15.00/hr – $18.00/hr
Monday – Friday
7:00 am – 4:00 pm (or) 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Full Time; Contract