- Full Time/Contract
- Quality Assurance
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Our Client is a not-for-profit, rapidly growing Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan serving over 1,138,447 residents of the Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Our client maintains a Positive Team Culture as demonstrated by being voted by Los Angeles News Group readers as "Favorite Overall Company To Work For”, "Favorite Training Program”, and "Favorite Workplace Culture” in their 2014 Winning Workplaces survey.
Technical Analyst – CORE
Under the direction of the Director of Business Systems, the Technical Analyst is responsible for all areas of report design, maintenance, and distribution of reports while also overseeing ad-hoc data analyses and new report development. The Technical Analyst performs highly complex technical and analytical work and must be able to understand relational database concepts, table design and structure, data normalization and apply that knowledge to Company business rules. The Technical Analyst must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Data Integration Services (SSIS), Data Definition Language (DDL), Visual Basic Applications (VBA), and Data Manipulation Language (DML).
1. Run ad-hoc and standard monthly reports using Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS and MS Access, audit the data, research and correct discrepancies, and produce & review reports.
2. Use advanced SQL programming and Access skills to develop and implement system improvements to ensure processing efficiency and continuous improvement of current processes.
3. Exercise timely and accurate data mining techniques and develop new or modify existing methodologies to perform comprehensive data analysis.
4. Collaborate with IT to set up, analyze and test new systems/programs/product lines.
5. Work closely with other units within CORE and other home departments to resolve reporting issues.
6. Provide analytical support to CORE team/unit.
7. Promote teamwork and maintain effective working relationships with others throughout the organization
8. Perform other duties as required to insure the Health Plan operations are successful.
9. Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in Company's policies and procedures relating to HIPAA compliance.
- 3-5 years of experience required
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Experience programming with Structured Query Language (SQL), database development, analysis and design, using Microsoft Access; or similar PC based relational database analysis, design and implementation, including database management techniques.
- Experience in a healthcare setting, especially working with government programs such as Medicaid/Medicare is preferred
- Strong knowledge in Managed Care systems and Client/Server applications
- Strong knowledge in principles and methods of systems analysis for data processing and/or system Configuration
- Participated in the implementation and/or migration of a core claims system preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Applications such as MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- $35h – $40hr – Commensurate with years of experience
Monday – Friday Day Shift