- Full Time/Contract
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Our Client is a not-for-profit, rapidly growing Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan serving over 1,138,447 residents of the Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Our client maintains a Positive Team Culture as demonstrated by being voted by Los Angeles News Group readers as "Favorite Overall Company to Work For, "Favorite Training Program and "Favorite Workplace Culture in their 2014 Winning Workplaces survey.
The Systems Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, implement and support efficient People Systems and applications in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, technical documentation and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and assist with the resolutions of systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Assists with the planning, design, development and implementation of new technology, as well as technology upgrades and software application releases
- Evaluates, analyzes, designs and maintains Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and other enterprise applications.
- Responsible to work at a high technical level on all phases of software systems manipulations, including but not limited to system upgrades, modifications and customization.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Act as liaison within the Information Technology department to define and translate the business needs of the functional department into technical system requirements and specifications.
- Work as a liaison between IT Services, IT Data Management and ePMO teams in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Develops and maintains system documentation including system requirements, design documents, process flows, intake requests, project plans, issue logs and test plans.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing applications and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems and solutions deployments.
- Provide orientation and training to end users as business needs dictate.
- Utilizes technologies such as Workfront to maintain current application tracking records.
- Develop quality assurance methods, programs and documentation to ensure data validity is maintained.
- Provide strategies for maintaining data integrity through technical research and understanding of system capabilities and apply related policies and regulatory requirements as needed.
- Analyze requirements for custom reports, interfaces and operational processes.
- Any other duties as required to ensure the Health Plan operations are successful.
- Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in company policies and procedures relating to HIPAA and HiTech compliance.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year institution required, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Public or Business Administration, or Healthcare or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of demonstrated experience, at a professional level, in a technical or project management function.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including software and enterprise applications.
- Requires strong microcomputer application knowledge; including spreadsheet, database, HCM and ERP systems.
- Advanced skills in MS Access (or equivalent database) manipulation desired.
- Extensive experience with deployment strategies and strong project coordination.
- Ability to research and analyze data and make sound recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Knowledge of ADP and/or SAP SuccessFactors HCM systems desired.
COMPENSATION | POSITION CLASSIFICATION
- Commensurate with Experience
- Benefited | Full-Time