- Direct Placement
- Revenue Cycle
- Los Angeles, CA
Our client is a leading Physician Practice Management company responsible for the business services for a leading University Children’s Medical Group the largest pediatric multi-specialty group in the United States and is acclaimed for their leadership in Pediatric and Adolescent health.
Sr. Revenue Cycle Manager
Multi-Specialty Physician Medical Group
Los Angeles, CA 90010
The Senior Manager of Revenue Cycle Management manages the payer billing, collection and patient account activities of the organization. Responsibilities include managing daily operations as well as long-range planning for revenue management and budgeting. Responsible for collections, days in A/R, establishing collection and write-off targets and claim denial management.
Essential Duties of the Position
- Evaluates effectiveness of billing and collection work flow. Recommends & implements changes to policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Responsible for timeliness of charge activity and account follow-up. Develops innovative methods for increasing staff productivity, quality and effectiveness of revenue cycle management.
- Manages day-to-day operations including determining specific employee work assignments; reviewing employee activities for completeness, accuracy and effectiveness; monitoring conformity with policies and procedures; and monitoring individual staff productivity.
- Completes employee performance reviews; interviews candidates and makes hiring decisions.
- Determines staffing requirements.
- Communicates policies and procedures effectively and regularly to staff.
- Documents policy and procedures.
- Provides analysis and recommendations to managers and clients
- Organizes and runs meetings with clients. Prepares and delivers oral presentations.
- Assists as primary liaison and senior resource to customers — Divisions, families, payors, collection agencies and other departments — on all issues related to revenue cycle management.
- Analyzes and reports on revenue cycle management, such as: identifying and minimizing preventable denials and write-offs, monitoring systems workflow evaluating trends for the total Medical Group and for individual programs and physicians.
- Manages computer system functions in support of revenue cycle management.
- Generation and analysis of routine reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Use of report writer for ad hoc analysis and problem solving,
- Development and generation of appropriate forms (i.e., appropriate letters, charge documents, notices, etc.)
- Modification of data dictionaries, and
- Analysis and implementation of new modules and systems.
- Oversight of special projects.
- Experience within an academic healthcare environment, knowledge of fund accounting, professional billing, multi-specialty practice and all aspects of revenue cycle management.
- Demonstrated success in managing day-to-day operations of a large-scale, high volume academic centralized billing/collections office with a minimum experience of 5 years.
- Proven experience in development & achievement of central billing office goals & objectives to include staff performance measures and reporting results.
- Demonstrated track record of aggressively decreasing receivables and increasing cash collections without adverse impact on employee morale or customer satisfaction.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to establish credibility and work effectively with physicians, department managers and staff.
- The technical knowledge and effective managerial skill required to plan direct and control the affairs of a large complex revenue cycle management department.
- Ability to "team-build and maintain positive morale while implementing effective procedural and systems changes. Proven leadership experience. Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, motivate and retain high quality staff.
- Experience with billing applications and strong knowledge of contracts and reimbursement methods in addition to knowledge of Access, Excel, and Word. ATHENA knowledge highly desired.
- Detail orientation and good organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines in an environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to conceptualize, implement and monitor new processes.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, health administration, finance or related required. Master’s degree preferred. CPC or equivalent desirable.
- At least five (5) or more year’s supervisory experience in billing and collections in a medical group, hospital or payor setting preferred.
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
Full-Time (M-F) / Direct Hire