- Full Time/Contract
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Our Client is a not-for-profit, rapidly growing Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan serving over 1,138,447 residents of the Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Our client maintains a Positive Team Culture as demonstrated by being voted by Los Angeles News Group readers as "Favorite Overall Company To Work For , "Favorite Training Program , and "Favorite Workplace Culture in their 2014 Winning Workplaces survey.
(Managed Care Health Plan)
Under the direction of Managing Counsel, the Legal Secretary performs a variety of duties concerning the management and coordination of legal inquiries and requests for the Plan. The Legal Secretary is responsible for intake and coordination of tasks and deliverables for the legal department. The Legal Secretary must be professional, well organized, and maintain a high level of confidentiality, while frequently working under short deadlines. This position requires strong verbal skills, attention to detail, and strong time management skills. The ideal candidate for this position should be one who is flexible with work assignments and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate and track all meetings involving the legal department and/or initiated by the legal department as it relates to its daily activities.
- Collect and process all the business affairs for the legal department which includes but is not limited to, processing invoices and connecting with outside counsel(s) as needed.
- Compose routine correspondence and legal documents under supervision of legal counsel.
- Maintains correspondence for the legal department by collecting all inquiries as well as processing and archiving submissions.
- Efficiently conducts archive management as it relates to filing and maintenance of all the legal department’s production documents.
- Create reference guides and manuals for legal research items.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions and instructions.
- Any other duties as required to ensure Health Plan operations are successful.
- Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in IEHP’s policies and procedures relating to HIPAA compliance.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Law firm or corporate in-house legal department experience preferred. Public entity or government agency experience is a plus. Experience in managed health care, especially in Medi-Cal.
Knowledge of HIPAA regulations. Knowledge of healthcare data systems. Familiar with medical terminology. Ability to communicate via multiple channels with legal, public entity, and county professionals
Familiarity with legal procedures and terminology. Computer proficiency with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Professional is also required. Must be able to type at least 45 wpm
COMPENSATION | POSITION CLASSIFICATION
- $19.23/hr 21.00/hr
- Full Time | Contract