- Full Time/Contract
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Our Client is a not-for-profit, rapidly growing Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan serving over 1,138,447 residents of the Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Our client maintains a Positive Team Culture as demonstrated by being voted by Los Angeles News Group readers as "Favorite Overall Company To Work For, "Favorite Training Program, and "Favorite Workplace Culture in their 2014 Winning Workplaces survey.
Project Manager II
Under direction of the Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO), the Project Manager II will be responsible for managing projects through the project life cycle within the set timeline and budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager II will also define the project’s objectives and oversee project quality throughout its life cycle
- Provide leadership and direction to Company Projects from inception through development and deployment, following Company standard processes and methodologies.
- Manage project that are medium to large in size, complexity and risk.
- Collaborate with project sponsors and key stakeholders to define project scope, goals, deliverables and timeline.
- Ensures that scope is clearly defined, business requirements are documented properly, and project plans are established which will meet planned objectives and successful project delivery.
- Ensure that solutions (both technical and non-technical) are developed, tested, and verified against the agreed project scope
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project sponsors, stakeholders, and team members in a timely and clear fashion. This includes setting and continuing to manage project expectations with team members and all stakeholders.
- Maintain project documentation as required, including but not limited to project charters, requirements documentation, design documents, issue and defect logs, status reports, test plans, scripts, and meeting notes.
- Proactively manage changes to project scope; manage project risks and issues, escalating issues as necessary for timely resolution.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones.
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Provide direction to project team members to ensure proper staffing, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Develop Request-For-Proposals (RFP) for new projects (technical/functional) and/or technical services.
- Perform other work tasks to support IT and the business departments on an as-needed basis
- Adhere to established standards and practices leveraged within the ePMO, IT, and the business.
- Manage vendors and contractors on assigned engagements
- Manage small to medium software deployments that affect how we do business
- Manage multiple projects as needed; manageable complexity
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited four year college with a major in Computer Science, Business Administration, healthcare, or related program.
- Certified in PMP Required
- For non degreed candidates, two years of applicable experience may be substituted for a year of college
- 8+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity (with a degree), utilizing standard project management tools including all aspects of process development and execution in both technical and functional settings.
- Two years of experience in Healthcare is desirable
- Should be familiar with project management best-practices, SDLC and Agile methodologies. Experience with project management software such as MS Project and Workfront. High proficiency with MS Visio and MS Office product suite. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
COMPENSATION | POSITION CLASSIFICATION