- Full Time/Contract
- Torrance, CA
Since 1902, our Client’s hospital has focused on providing the highest quality healthcare available and in 2009 was named one of "America’s Best Hospitals . Today, our client delivers word-class medicine to the Los Angeles community and to patients from across the United States and around the world.
Physician Billing Coordinator II
The Physician Billing Coordinator II (PBC) provides billing, coding and educational support to clinical areas in the scope of coding, reimbursement and compliance with payer coding and billing requirements. The PBC, coordinates some insurance information by verifying eligibility and the review charges in the Epic Charge Review Work queue
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with corresponding client base. Serves as liaison between Physician Billing Services and client for which they are responsible for billing.
- Serves as a resource for information on coding, billing and compliance.
- Correctly reviews assignments of CPT and ICD-10 codes, utilizing various medical reports.
- Maintains current CPT and ICD-10 knowledge of assigned areas so that coding remains current.
- Verifies some insurance eligibility; enters appropriate adjustments to respective patient’s accounts, and when applicable accepts patient payments.
- Works to resolve coding deficiencies with review of medical records and financial accounts, and notifies supervisor of possible recommendations for corrective action to improve third-party reimbursement; and to minimize audit liability.
- Keeps apprised of rules and regulations affecting coding and reimbursement through appropriate resources.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Initiates charge correction and discount requests.
- Acts as a liaison between the patient and Physician Billing Services
- Requires High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess 2-4 years of experience in a professional billing setting, including experience in reviewing and interpreting patient medical records, using CPT and ICD-10CM coding systems.
- Must have knowledge of physician billing practices and third party reimbursement guidelines and adjudication systems.
- Ability to work with on-line computerized systems.
- Knowledge of PC based software applications (Microsoft Suite, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work with all internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a changing environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities.
- Requires cooperation, flexibility and resourcefulness in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Will consider a comparable level of combined education and job related experience.
- Certified Procedural Coder is a plus.
Commensurate with Experience
Monday – Friday (days)