- Full Time/Contract
- Fountain Valley, CA
Our client is a is a nonprofit integrated delivery system that includes multiple top hospitals, health plans and freestanding ambulatory surgery centers in Orange and Los Angeles Counties. An innovator in healthcare delivery, our client focuses on evidence-based, best practice medicine and has gained widespread recognition for their approach in healthcare.
POSITION TITLE & LOCATION
Fountain Valley, CA
Under minimal supervision performs payment posting duties, meeting accuracy and productivity standards.
- On a daily basis, the payment poster is expected to accurately read and interpret the explanation of benefits (EOB) from different insurance payers and post payments to patient encounters with minimal or no error rate.
- Demonstrate the ability to make adjustments as necessary when payment posting for Medicare, Medi-Cal, contracted PPOS and other insurances.
- Accurately process patient payments sent via mail within a 2-day turnaround.
- Follows proper procedures and in a timely fashion, notify the Insurance Specialist of any underpayments and payment discrepancies for research.
- Responsible for balancing batches assigned to them via the Practice Management System and the daily posting of these batches. Report any batch issues to their immediate manager and/or supervisor for prompt resolution.
- Collaborates with teammates to ensure that our departmental close for each month is met within the first three business days of the following month.
- Works closely with the insurance specialist, patient account collector, and/or other team members to resolve patient issues.
- Productivity falls within acceptable departmental guidelines established by management; employee consistently strives to exceed expectations.
- Employee demonstrates initiative in reviewing company policies to ensure appropriate steps are taken when complicated posting situations arise and in keeping error ratio low.
- Perform any additional and/or miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of their knowledge and ability.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Must excel in organization, attention to details and follow through. Additionally, they must have the ability to problem solve to logical conclusion, demonstrate initiative and responsibility.
- Must have good listening skills and be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English.
- Candidate is required to be computer literate in a Practice Management System (EPIC) and MS Office programs, with strong skills in Excel.
- Ten-key by touch preferred., Sunrise or like) and other Analytic tools (ex- McKesson) required
Full-Time (M-F); Contract Position
Start Times; 6:30 am 7:30 am