- Full Time/Contract
- San Diego, CA
Our client is a leader in Ophthalmology and since 1999 has pioneered laser eye laser eye surgery into the safe, commonplace procedure it is today and continues to be on the forefront by offering the latest in treatment technology and techniques. They are proud to have developed a trusted reputation for providing personalized care and treatment to thousands of patients.
San Diego / La Jolla
This position is primarily responsible for the preliminary candidacy screening, education and follow up of potential patients. This position will complete all necessary work up including obtaining medical and surgical history, and the completion of all diagnostic testing. This position is also responsible for assisting the doctor in the exam lane and in surgical procedures by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that all forms are complete and pertinent information has been recorded.
- Maintains all equipment.
- Maintains the outcome data.
- Performs deft in auto refractions, topographical mapping, wavefront analysis, lensometer, pachymeter and visual acuities.
- Evaluates and measures pupil size and responses, general use of a slit lamp microscope, applanation tonometer and proper instillation of eye drops.
- Understands all equipment and instruments used in the center
- Provides pre/post-operative care and instructions.
- Assists in surgery by preparing the laser room with supplies and sterilized equipment.
- Stocks all medication and medical supplies by proactively planning work week to ensure completion of required tasks.
- Calls to request pre/post-ops on surgery patients.
- Orders all medical supplies.
- Keeps up with all regular and emergency maintenance on medical equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two-three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma required
- Ophthalmic Technician/Assistant with at least 2 years’ experience
- Experience in ophthalmology back office /technician and ability to multitask and work in fast paced environment.
- Experienced user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience performing refractions and LASIK experience in a surgery suite is highly desired
- Timely attendance and ability to work overtime if needed is required
- $17.00/hr – $20.00//hr