- Full Time/Contract
- Tustin, CA
Our client is a is a nonprofit integrated delivery system that includes multiple top hospitals, health plans and freestanding ambulatory surgery centers in Orange and Los Angeles Counties. An innovator in healthcare delivery, our client focuses on evidence-based, best practice medicine and has gained widespread recognition for their approach in healthcare.
POSITION TITLE & LOCATION
Medical Records Clerk
Performs administrative department functions such as answering phones, scanning of patient medical records and other administrative oriented tasks.
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions
- Scan files and imports medical records received via fax and CD into correct patient file.
- Correctly identifies patient on medical record copying request by searching for correct medical record number in company EMR system.
- Comply with all copying medical records, copying request while adhering to all legal mandates for copying medical records including constraints and confidentiality issues.
- Acts as receptionist for department.
- Manages incoming stored paper records.
- Identify improvement opportunities, implement countermeasures and escalate to appropriate management resource as needed.
- Perform any additional or miscellaneous duties as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge and ability.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- One (1) year minimum of Customer Service in any field preferred.
- Prior medical office experience preferred.
$15.00/hr – $16.00/hr