- Full Time/Contract
- Torrance, CA
Since 1902, our Client's hospital has focused on providing the highest quality healthcare available and in 2009 was named one of "America's Best Hospitals . Today, our client delivers word-class medicine to the Los Angeles community and to patients from across the United States and around the world.
Credit Balance/Refund Rep
The Refund Representative is responsible for minimizing credit balances by following certain guidelines; for auditing of explanation of benefits (EOB's); for analyzing and ensuring that all payments, adjustments and allocations involved in the account were done properly; for ensuring that the appropriate information can be packaged and provided to managers for refund processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides detail review to all codes referenced on the explanation of benefits (EOB).
- Confirms that all adjustments have been done correctly.
- As necessary, verifies previous payments in the file room to support refunds and/or adjustments.
- Calls insurance companies to verify patient information
- Attaches batch proof to all credit balance bathes created.
- Fills-out refund request form and attaches all the supporting documentation for the supervisor's review.
- Post refund codes in IDX system.
- Research/reviews accounts in order to identify credits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three (3) years account follow-up, billing, and collection experience.
- Minimum 1 year of credit balance/refunds experience in physician billing unit
- Experience using EPIC billing system is preferred
- Knowledgeable of health insurance payers and contracts.
- Ability to maintain productivity requirements of 30-40 refund audits daily
Full Time, Temporary Contract
Monday Friday; Days