- Full Time/Contract
- Clinical Services
- Mission Viejo, CA
Our client is a is a nonprofit integrated delivery system that includes multiple top hospitals, health plans and freestanding ambulatory surgery centers in Orange and Los Angeles Counties. An innovator in healthcare delivery, our client focuses on evidence-based, best practice medicine and has gained widespread recognition for their approach in healthcare.
Responsible for managing the front and back office duties of a Medical Assistant in an Ambulatory setting
- Room patients, take and document vital signs, and assist provider with medical exam. Evaluate patients for immediate medical need and report to provider.
- Perform accurate charting, assessments, and intervention and follow-up per scope of practice.
- Administer medications and perform procedures per scope of licensure and per provider order.
- Maintain cleanliness and sterilization of instruments, exam rooms, and all treatment areas (ie. surgery, lab, cast room, etc.) as needed or directed.
- Follow current policies and procedures for labeling and collection of all specimens, using appropriate media.
- Maintain current knowledge of medications, sterile technique, and policies and procedures. Maintain current licenses/certificates.
- Dispose of contaminated/non-contaminated sharps in the appropriate disposal container. Access and interpret needed information from MSDS on-line in a prompt manner.
- Respond to and participate in all clinical emergencies and maintenance of emergency equipment.
- Adhere to infection control, universal precautions, and use of personal protective equipment as needed for all patient care procedures, maintenance of equipment, and disposal of waste.
- Organize patient correspondence and phone messages. Make accurate and precise callbacks per provider instruction to reinforce provider instructions, follow-up care, patient education, and test results.
- Assist provider to complete E&M coding and charging in a timely manner.
- Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability
- Prior experience in an ambulatory care environment.
- Qualified candidate must excel in interpersonal communication and customer service and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Candidate must also excel in organization and attention to details and follow through. Additionally, they must have the ability to problem solve to logical conclusion and demonstrate initiative and responsibility.
- Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English. Certain facilities require bilingual skills. Check with Human Resources.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Monday – Friday (days)
$13 – $16
POSITION CLASSIFICATION & HOURS
M – F Days