- Direct Placement
- Pasadena, CA
Our client is a patient-centered nonprofit organization dedicated to education, advocacy, and research of Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH). Our mission is to raise awareness and save lives by increasing the rate of early diagnosis and encouraging proactive treatment. If left untreated, FH leads to aggressive and premature heart disease in women, men and children of all racial and ethnic backgrounds. Our clients Foundation is an internationally recognized research and advocacy organization dedicated to information-driven and patient-centric solutions.
Genetic Counselor and Program Specialist
As a research and advocacy organization, the FH Foundation focuses on contributing to the scientific understanding of FH through innovative research initiatives, educating the medical community, policy makers and the public about FH, as well as providing resources to impacted individuals and families. We strongly believe that decisions regarding patient diagnosis and care, ultimately impacting their trajectory of life, firmly depends on integrating and utilizing genomics and individual genetic information.
The Genetic Counselor and Program Specialist is responsible for creating educational materials and providing various forms of outreach, contributing meaningfully to the research conducted by the FH Foundation and its research partners. The ideal candidate will be a global thinker with demonstrated ability to develop substantive content. She/he will have the leadership and skills to interface with patients, families, scientists, physicians and other key stakeholders.
Summary of Duties
- Conduct research and evidence reviews
- Assist in and collaborate with FH experts to develop manuscripts to be submitted to peer-reviewed journals
- Prepare and deliver abstracts and poster presentations, or be a guest speaker
- Assist in developing, implementing and evaluating a national Active Family Screening program
- Outreach and communication with FH experts, genetic testing companies and other genetic counselors, nationally and internationally
- Provide educational and psychosocial support to individuals with FH
- Support and educate families regarding genetic testing
Serve as a resource to FH Foundation staff, healthcare providers, and laboratories regarding genetic testing
Strategy/ Program Leadership
- Contribute to the development of the operational goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization
- Ensure that programs and initiatives continue to be aligned and coordinated, and effectively support the mission
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO informed of all critical issues
- Communicate effectively with external parties and stakeholders, as liaison for key programs.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the programs and operations teams to ensure successful delivery of program goals, budget and timelines
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Contribute to the quality oversight and execution of program and project deliverables, as necessary
- Ensure staff members receive timely and relevant training and development to succeed in their roles
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives and milestones, establish priorities, monitor and evaluate results
- Develop and implement policies, internal controls, and procedures to support effective operations and human resource practices
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and executing the annual budget process, ensuring identification and allocation of needed resources
- Establish and ensure appropriate project management tools are optimally utilized for tracking and reporting.
- Collaborate with development team in supporting program funding and brand development
- Masters in Genetic Counseling
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Prior organizational and/or project leadership experience
- Strong initiative and ability to multi-task effectively
- High degree of creativity, passion and integrity
- Collaborative Team player
COMPENSATION & CLASSIFICATION
Comprehensive compensation and benefits package