- Full Time/Contract
- Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Our client is a is a nonprofit integrated delivery system that includes multiple top hospitals, health plans and freestanding ambulatory surgery centers in Orange and Los Angeles Counties. An innovator in healthcare delivery, our client focuses on evidence-based, best practice medicine and has gained widespread recognition for their approach in healthcare.
Front Office Medical Assistant
The Front Office Assistant is responsible for the performance of the Front Office duties in support of all medical practices, as assigned, including telephone answering, appointment and resource scheduling, insurance verification, revenue processing, charge and payment posting and patient check-in and check-out according to the office specific protocols. Staff is knowledgeable about and follows office protocols regarding HIPAA and patient privacy. Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct. Supports the Company’s Health System mission and customer service excellence standards. Participates in the continuous quality improvement process. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures
- Must excel in interpersonal communication and customer service and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Be organized, detailed oriented and accurately completes follow through.
- Must have the ability to problem solve to logical conclusion and demonstrate initiative and responsibility.
- Must have good listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing. This includes the ability to professionally and diplomatically discuss difficult topics while promoting the Company’s position.
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of customer service in any field and experience working with computers in a work environment is required
- Administrative Medical Assisting (Front Office Medical Assistant) required
- Certificate or Medical Terminology Certificate preferred
- CPR for healthcare provider card required (can be obtained once hired)
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Front Desk / Concierge, Guest Service Associate in any corporate or hospitality environment would be considered.
- Prior medical office experience preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Monday – Friday (days)
POSITION CLASSIFICATION & HOURS
M F Days