- Full Time/Contract
- Revenue Cycle
- Santa Ana, CA
Our client is the largest and fastest growing on-site radiology practice in the U and are an innovative practice focused on transforming how radiologists provide consistently exceptional services to hospitals, imaging centers, referring physicians and patients.
The Demographic Specialist (pre-biller) is responsible for entering complete and accurate patient demographics into our database, certifies patient insurance information and communicates with the billing department to ensure information is obtained accurately, along with other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs new patient registration, updates patient information, data entry of demographics, and any other required information
- Verifies and updates appropriate patient insurance plan.
- Ensures accurate posting of encounter data and posts to appropriate patient account.
- Verifies the accuracy of patient demographics and insurance information
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by any member of leadership.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- At least 1-year previous office experience including data entry and typing
- Hospital patient registration/pre-billing experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Detailed oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy when performing data entry
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong level of organizational skills
$15.00/hr – $17.00/hr
Monday – Friday
Full Time; Contract/Contract-to-Hire