- Full Time/Contract
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Our Client is a not-for-profit, rapidly growing Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan serving over 1,138,447 residents of the Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Our client maintains a Positive Team Culture as demonstrated by being voted by Los Angeles News Group readers as "Favorite Overall Company To Work For, "Favorite Training Program, and "Favorite Workplace Culture in their 2014 Winning Workplaces survey.
Database Specialist I – EDI
Under supervision of the Encounter Data Manager, the Database Specialist I- EDI is responsible for tasks listed under the Database Specialist I- EDI role with additional duties to include: Documentation, workload balancing, communications with users, and supervision of the Access and Database Administration projects and tasks.
- Lead, coordinate, and administer key process improvements to Internet-based EDI implementations. Participate in design and review of new applications and integration strategies of EDI systems.
- Lead transitions of EDI systems to next-generation environments and/or cross-functional business systems.
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of EDI systems to meet business demands.
- Perform system configuration, mapping, and management for EDI-based transactions and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Define and perform EDI system backups and recovery procedures.
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Compare compatibility of EDI-related products to company systems and make recommendations.
- Install, coordinate, and troubleshoot EDI-related products.
- Define and implement strategies for integrating EDI and non-EDI operating environments.
- Perform data audits and quality control measures.
- Recommend and execute modifications to EDI systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) to ensure EDI system security.
- Develop and maintain EDI process documentation.
- Conduct research on EDI-related hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
- Review and implement vendor-supplied EDI patches.
- Develop and maintain EDI training materials and systems documentation.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Any other duties as required to ensure the Health Plan operations are successful.
- Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in IEHP's policies and procedures relating to HIPAA compliance.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
COMPENSATION | POSITION CLASSIFICATION
- Commensurate with Experience
- Full Time | Contract Temp Assignment