- Direct Placement
- Customer Service
- Torrance, CA
For over 30 years our client has been in the Pastry Manufacturing industry producing high quality baked goods for large retail grocers and chain restaurants.
Customer Service Representative
This position is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with customers’ representatives; ensuring customers’ requirements are met as set forth by the Company.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Enters customer orders into the accounting system and maintains customer order spreadsheets.
- Verifies pricing of all new purchase orders
- Verifies inventory against purchase orders
- Reviews production schedule to ensure orders can be fulfilled
- Reviews purchase orders and sales orders
- Confirms orders with brokers and customers via fax, e-mail or phone.
- Corresponds with customers via phone, e-mail, internet, and through written correspondence regarding the status of orders.
- Communicates within the company regarding customer orders and ship dates.
- Receives and processes Sample Requests including inter-company communication, preparing shipment and scheduling pick up.
- Assists Q.A. with resolving claims or customer complaints and communicates resolution if appropriate.
- Oversees customer accounts, ensuring all processes are being attended to; including account status, product deliveries and customer records.
- Maintains a professional relationship, and assist as needed, with our broker network
- Maintains broker network files
- Assists the Transportation Scheduler when needed
- Assists and trains new customer service representatives as needed.
- Works closely with the sales department; aids as needed
- Interacts with the Accounting department to follow-up on Accounts Receivable issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Food Safety Responsibilities
- All employees are required to immediately report and assist in the elimination or control of any food safety issues they observe to their supervisor
- Follows, monitors and enforces all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Pre-requisite programs
- Education and Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma, equivalent or higher
- Two years of combined administrative experience, Sales, Customer Service, Inventory Control and/or Logistic experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment
- Language Requirement:
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand orally and in writing in English
- Physical Requirement:
COMPENSATION | POSITION CLASSIFICATION
- $17 – $20hr
- Direct Hire