- Full Time/Contract
- Pasadena, CA
Our client is committed to helping ophthalmologists and optometrists realize their full potential while providing best-in-class patient care to all those in need. They are experts in the business of providing Physician ophthalmology services with years of experience in the industry, a world-class surgeon as their founder, and an unwavering commitment to helping both established practice owners and young professionals further their ophthalmology careers.
Ophthalmic Physician Billing
The Ophthalmic collections representative is position is responsible assisting in our collections by working with insurance companies, state agencies, and patients to resolve outstanding account balances, research and resolve account issues as needed, and to help our patients ensure their insurance coverage is being handled properly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of follow up and collections of aged AR, including making telephone calls and accessing payer websites.
- Identify trends and perform root cause analysis on unpaid and underpaid claims.
- Research, appeal, and resolve claim rejections, underpayments, and denials with appropriate insurance payor.
- Initiate telephone or letter contact to patients to obtain additional information as needed.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents the pertinent collection activity performed.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clinical personnel, co-workers, and insurance representatives.
- Abides by timeline commitments and keeps direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations (e.g., OSHA, WC, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years related collections experience
- Demonstrated experience in collecting from; Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial, Managed Care and/or HMO
- Ability to efficiently maintain productivity standards of 40 – 60 accounts daily
- MS Office; Excel experience required
- EMR; Billing Systems experience required
$18.00/hr – $22.00/hr
Monday – Friday
7:00 am – 4:00 pm (or) 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Full Time; Contract