- Full Time/Contract
- Behavioral Health
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Our Client is a not-for-profit, rapidly growing Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan serving over 1,138,447 residents of the Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Our client maintains a Positive Team Culture as demonstrated by being voted by Los Angeles News Group readers as "Favorite Overall Company To Work For”, "Favorite Training Program”, and "Favorite Workplace Culture” in their 2014 Winning Workplaces survey.
Behavioral Health Specialist
Under the direction of Supervisor, Call Center, this position may engage in a variety of activities to serve Company members, including working as part of a telephonic team assisting members to access services, assisting providers in the BH Network to address concerns and questions, engaging in projects to improve member experience with care, and working in quality improvement projects and initiatives. This position, like all positions within the BH Department, is expected to model behavioral health principles of relationship-based care, as well engage in promoting education and understanding of behavioral health and its importance in whole health, to those within the Company and in the community
1. Assist Call Center to successfully meet quality standards, including completing calls within specified time, demonstrating empathy and skilled communication, addressing members and providers needs successfully, and ensuring members get access to needed services.
2. Skillfully develop therapeutic alliances with members, and utilize evidenced based communication skills in assisting members.
3. Establish and maintain effective goodwill relationships with coworkers, supervisors and other colleagues, and collaboratively work with team members.
4. Model the highest ethical behavior in care for members, as well as in relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and colleagues in the community.
5. Engage in call-line work, assisting members and/or BH network providers, in a professional, compassionate and effective manner.
6. Engage in outreach and engagement of Company members, as needed.
7. Participation in behavioral health team and department meetings.
8. Model continuous quality improvement philosophy, and engage in quality improvement initiatives and projects.
9. Model supportive and collaborative relationships with members, co-workers, and all community relations.
10. Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in Company's policies and procedures related to HIPAA compliance.
11. Participate in other committees as needed, or as directed by the BH supervisors, managers or senior director.
12. Engage in all Company employee training, and comply with all Company policies.
13. Any other duties as required to ensure Health Plan operations are successful.
14. Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in Company's policies and procedures related to HIPAA compliance.
|· Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year institution in social work, sociology, psychology, or another social science or related area required.
· 1- 3 years Health/behavioral care agency, agency serving children with autism or developmental disabilities, health plan or customer services position preferred.
|· Proficient in the use of computer software to include but not limited to: (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point).
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) – written and verbal is preferred, but not required.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
Monday – Friday; Days
Full Time, Contract