- Full Time/Contract
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Our Client is a not-for-profit, rapidly growing Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan serving over 1,138,447 residents of the Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Our client maintains a Positive Team Culture as demonstrated by being voted by Los Angeles News Group readers as "Favorite Overall Company to Work For , "Favorite Training Program , and "Favorite Workplace Culture in their 2014 Winning Workplaces survey.
Administrative Assistant Process Improvement
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the general administrative requirements of the Sr. Director and Director of Process Improvement. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for working in partnership with the support teams to complete projects and generally coordinate the daily functions as they relate to the Sr. Director and Director’s responsibility. This position will demonstrate the ability to multi-task, identify, and prioritize all related functions while maintaining an open line of daily communication.
- Perform a broad range of administrative duties for the Sr. Director and Director of Process Improvement, use initiative and sound judgment in handling sensitive and confidential details.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in tasks such as scheduling appointments, receiving and screening telephone calls for the Sr. Director and Director of Process Improvement. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals assigned by department Directors.
- Responsible for coordinating the calendars of the Sr. Director and Director of Process Improvement. Monitor incoming appointments to identify conflicts, work with Department Directors in advance to reschedule appointments as needed and ensure Department Directors are clear which appointments they will be attending. Notify others in advance when Department Directors are unable to attend a scheduled appointment.
- Maintain and control confidential files and records, including the preparation of standard personnel documentation. Prepare all required reports and correspondence from the Department Directors.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing payment transactions prior to Sr. Director and Director’s authorization and ensure completeness and accuracy, including verifying materials received and reconciling discrepancies.
- Ensure all team members have submitted their timecards and act as a resource for the Time & Attendance System.
- Pick up the mail twice a day (morning and afternoon), sort it, date stamp it and distribute it to designated areas or Team Members.
- Order supplies as needed and maintain inventory of necessary supplies for Department use.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating Departmental meetings, and those requested by Department Directors. This includes automatically maintaining a schedule for Department Directors with their one-on-one meetings and annual reviews, as well as scheduling and preparing for any ad hoc meetings as requested.
- Prepare for meetings in advance by ensuring that food is purchased if meeting falls during the times of breakfast or lunch, including cancelling the food order if the meeting is cancelled or rescheduled to a different time. Prepare meeting agendas, sign-in sheets, and meeting notes as needed. Ensure that all appointments sent in advance include the appropriate information, such as the meeting purpose and required participants.
- Develop and maintain the Sr. Director’s and Director’s daily filing system, prepare and maintain a Filing Log routinely, and maintain an organized, accurate and current filing system.
- Develop good working relationships with other support Departments throughout Company, such as Facilities and IT, in order to better facilitate the needs of the Process Improvement Department. In addition, develop good working relationships with other Administrative Assistants in other Departments, especially those in areas of close contact with Process Improvement, to facilitate coordination of meeting scheduling and accessing their management’s availability.
- Any other duties as required to ensure Health Plan operations are successful.
- Ensure the privacy and security of PHI (Protected Health Information) as outlined in Company’s policies and procedures relating to HIPAA compliance.
|High School diploma or equivalent required.|
|Three (3) or more years of experience in an office environment, including computer applications. Demonstrate superior interpersonal and administrative skills commensurate with years of experience. Prior customer service experience desired.|
|Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft products: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access, sufficient for use in all aspects of an office environment. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and outside of the organization.|
COMPENSATION | POSITION CLASSIFICATION
- Contract to Hire