- Full Time/Contract
- Fountain Valley, CA
Our client is a is a nonprofit integrated delivery system that includes multiple top hospitals, health plans and freestanding ambulatory surgery centers in Orange and Los Angeles Counties. An innovator in healthcare delivery, our client focuses on evidence-based, best practice medicine and has gained widespread recognition for their approach in healthcare.
POSITION TITLE & LOCATION
Accounts Payable Lead
Fountain Valley, CA
The Accounts Payable Lead will work under the general direction of the Accounts Payable Manager. The Accounts Payable Lead will be responsible for overseeing the processing functions of the Senior A/P Representatives to ensure invoices are processed in a timely manner, assist in month-end processes and offer guidance on problematic demands and expenditures. In addition, the Lead will act as an internal consultant on Accounts Payable's guidelines to ensure processes are compliant to the organizations policies
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions
- Oversees and supports the daily activities of the Senior AP clerks
- Processes supplier invoices for payment
- Processes Check Runs
- Performs weekly audit checks to eliminate errors
- Reviews and evaluates processing procedures for process improvements
- Monitors invoice aging in PeopleSoft and On Base to ensure timely payment
- Serves as a back-up for various functions within the AP Team and AP Manager as necessary
- Research, resolve and communicate discrepancies or outstanding balances on vendor accounts
- Manages monthly closing of AP Subsystem to General Ledger
- Performs any other related AP duties, as assigned
- interacting with internal and external customers.
- Review of Senior AP Clerks month end accruals of outstanding invoices, including items not received in PeopleSoft and ensure timeliness of submission
- High energy levels and tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of PCs, Microsoft Office applications, and an aptitude for learning new software.
- Requires a can-do attitude and positive customer response style.
- Knowledge of query tool, AP tables, and PeopleSoft processes.
- Understanding of Purchasing needs and functionality.
- Understand the IRS regulations as to when a vendor is a 1099 vendor and the 1099 classification codes
- Understanding of the California Withholding regulations and when to apply them.
- Understanding of Sales and Use Tax Rules and when Use Tax should be Performs Accounts Payable functions accurately and timely and ensures all related company policies and procedures are followed.
- Reviews and audits processed documents for compliance with approval and/or purchase order compliance as defined by Company policy.
- Ensures invoices are paid in accordance with proper payment terms as defined by Company policy.
- Lead the team of Senior AP clerks and Validators through the daily Accounts Payable cycle of designated vendors, including monitoring and correcting match exceptions, vendor maintenance, and query function.
- Answer vendor and department inquiries timely, at most within 24 hours.
- Monitor match exception reports and correct errors at least weekly but more often with larger vendors.
- Provide queries for vendors or managers when needed.
- Assist Senior AP Clerks with review and maintenance of vendor accounts, including research, resolution of match exceptions, and statement reconciliation in an effort to avoid all credit holds.
- Review select OnBase Work Queues and PeopleSoft Worklists to assist Senior AP Clerks in directing invoices for appropriate approval or follow up on problem documents.
- At all times, provides professional and exceptional customer service when accrued
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ year A/P experience required
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required
- Ability to process a minimum of 250 accounts weekly
- In-depth understanding of the PeopleSoft Accounts Payable module with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience of PeopleSoft Accounts Payable module (version 9.2 and above) highly preferred.
- Advanced MS Office skills required
- 10 Key by touch and keyboarding skills are also required
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (or) 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM